Chicken Meatballs with Spaghetti
Have you ever tried meatballs with spaghetti? It isn’t a famous dish in Pakistan, but in the West it’s as common as Karahi here in Pakistan.
Meatballs look so delicious that I couldn’t resist them. So I searched the web for the recipe of Spaghetti with Meatballs. It’s a yummy outcome.
Meatballs with Spaghetti
- · 500g of ground chicken
- · 60g of fresh parmesan cheese
- · 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- · 2 crushed garlic cloves
- · 1 egg
- · 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- · 1 tablespoon of sage
- · 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- · Salt (as per your taste)
- · Pepper (as per your taste)
- · 1kg spaghetti
- · 1 tablespoon olive oil
- · 1 onion, finely chopped
- · 2kg chopped tomatoes
- · 2 bay leaves
- · 1 cup of fresh basil leaf
- · 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Preparing the Meatballs
- · In a bowl, mix the chicken, parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, parsley, sage, salt and pepper (as per your taste).
- · Make small balls of the mixture and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- · In a preheated pan with oil, fry the balls until golden brown. Make sure that the meatballs are equally fried. Drain the oil on a paper towel.
Preparing the Sauce
- · In a large saucepan, pour oil according to the tomatoes and heat it.
- · Pour the onion and fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- · Add the tomatoes and the bay leaves. Cover the pan partially with a lid and bring to the boil. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- · Reduce the heat low and cook for about 60 minutes.
- · After boiling, remove the bay leaves.
Preparing the Main Course
- · With the sauce preparing on one stove, prepare the spaghetti.
- · Once the sauce is ready, add the meatballs, basil leaves and the black pepper to the sauce. Simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- · The chicken meatballs are finally ready. In separate bowls, pour spaghetti and the meatballs (with the sauce), and serve with style.
Estimated time: 2hrs 15mins
I hope you’ll love the meatballs with pasta.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -